Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Allowed to ask for paid help?
desertcities
post Feb 10 2010, 05:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,650

It's been awhile since I used xFX DHTML, and I noticed on one of my sites some .js errors.

In any event, I thought I better re-compile my menus. I did and ftped them back up. Errors gone, but now I got a mess with about 10 pages where the menus are not centered.

Anyone willing to tell me what I'm not doing correctly?

I'm even open to pay someone to adjust the re-centering for me.

The site is: www.ullanda.com

You can message me off-line.

Thank you very much.

Mark

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JimS
post Feb 10 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,303

Hi Mark
First are you using the latest version.
What method are you using to position the menu?
Please post your menu project and I will have a look at it to see if I can find the error
best wishes

--------------------
Jim

+Quote Post
desertcities
post Feb 10 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (JimS @ Feb 10 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Hi Mark
First are you using the latest version.
What method are you using to position the menu?
Please post your menu project and I will have a look at it to see if I can find the error
best wishes

Hi Jim,

I believe I'm using the latest version, 4.20.017.

I've attached my Modern.dmb file that I originally was using.

I am not sure what type of positioning I'm using. But it seems I had a custom setup before and used now in the Modern.dmb file.

I feel like an idiot as I use to use xFX DHTML so often before, but got away from it.

Any help is appreciated. And as I shared before, I would be grateful to pay someone to help me as it is a client's site.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Mark
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Modern.dmb ( 24.85K ) Number of downloads: 236

+Quote Post
JimS
post Feb 11 2010, 04:55 AM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,303

Hi Mark
I have looked at your project and notice the following:
Under 'Toolbar Editor/Positioning you have set the alignment 2,127 which would appear to be what you have on the screen.
I have also noticed that on the home page the menu bar partly covers the masthead logo in IE but not in Firefox.
I am no geat expert but as I understand it positioning the toolbar this way can be troublesome.
Why not use the 'Free Flow' method. I notice from your code that you use tables, and the Free Flow method places the toolbar in a table cell. It therefore cannot move and renders the same in all browsers. It will involve changing all the pages but it will solve your problem forever.
Open the programme and go to Help/Tutorials/Positioning the menus
I am afraid that at the moment I am the only person trying to answer problems on the forum, and I am no expert but I will do the best I can to help
best wishes

--------------------
Jim

+Quote Post
desertcities
post Feb 11 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (JimS @ Feb 11 2010, 09:55 AM) *
Hi Mark
I have looked at your project and notice the following:
Under 'Toolbar Editor/Positioning you have set the alignment 2,127 which would appear to be what you have on the screen.
I have also noticed that on the home page the menu bar partly covers the masthead logo in IE but not in Firefox.
I am no geat expert but as I understand it positioning the toolbar this way can be troublesome.
Why not use the 'Free Flow' method. I notice from your code that you use tables, and the Free Flow method places the toolbar in a table cell. It therefore cannot move and renders the same in all browsers. It will involve changing all the pages but it will solve your problem forever.
Open the programme and go to Help/Tutorials/Positioning the menus
I am afraid that at the moment I am the only person trying to answer problems on the forum, and I am no expert but I will do the best I can to help
best wishes

Thank you very much Jim for your help and suggestions.

I will give it a try.

My offer is open to pay anyone to help me expedite the fix.

Again, my thanks.

+Quote Post
math
post Apr 3 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,744

I have checked your site and I invite others please check it because the information that is available in your site can spell bound any one.and the images that you have shown in this site also very attractive. There is one more site that I have visited, provide me information that is really unique and the service that they offer also I have experienced, really I enjoy this service so I request others please visit this and I want to tell you that after enjoying this service you’ll enjoy it again and again its .

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:49 PM